How to Organize a Food Drive
WECARE Food Pantry
- Do initial planning-set time/action calendar.
- Determine tasks and ask committee members to take on specific responsibilities.
- Solicit local businesses or individuals to
donate materials or underwrite costs and put their name on all printed materials.
- Design flyers and posters and print amount needed for distribution.
- Obtain collection boxes and designate locations.
- Send press releases to local media 4-6 weeks in advance of event.
- Periodically check status of individual tasks of committee members.
- Remember to keep track of community service hours.
- Hold a successful food drive and feel good about helping others!
Contact Susan Baigelman, Director of WECARE, at (954)792-6700 or email@example.com.